High Precision High Quality Small Transmission Reduction Planetary Gearbox
1. Gearbox Housing & Flange: Aluminum-alloy Die Casting ADC12
2. Gear set: Precision Planetary Gear Set
Ring Gears: 40Cr
Planetary Gears: 20CrMnTi, Surface Hardness HRC58~62, Inner Hardness HRC33~40
3. Input Configurations: Keyed Hollow Shaft with Motor Adaptor
4. Output Configurations: Keyed CZPT Shaft Output
keyless Solid Shaft Output
5. Applicable Motors:
Servo Motors, Stepper Motors
1. AOKMAN high precision planetary gearboxes including a full series of inline(linear) and right angle precision planetary gearboxes
2. High precision, high dynamic, low backlash
3. Up to 3 optional backlash: Ultra Precision Backlash, High Precision Backlash, Standard Backlash
4. Superior performance for precision industrial automation and servo applications
|Rated input Speed
|Max input Speed
1.More than 35 years experience in R&D and manufacturing, export gear motors & industrial gearboxes.
2. Standardization of the gearbox series
3. Strong design capability for large power & customized gearboxes.
4. High quality gearboxes and proven solutions provider.
5. Strict quality control process, stable quality.
6. Less than 2% of the quality complaints.
7. Modular design, short delivery time.
8. Quick response & professional services
AOKMAN was founded in 1982, which has more than 36 years in R & D and manufacturing of gearboxes, gears, shaft, motor and spare parts.
We can offer the proper solution for uncountable applications. Our products are widely used in the ranges of metallurgical, steel, mining, pulp and paper, sugar and alcohol market and various other types of machines with a strong presence in the international market.
AOKMAN has become a reliable supplier, able to supply high quality gearboxes.With 36 years experience, we assure you the utmost reliability and security for both product and services.
|Motor, Machinery, Industry
|Hardened Tooth Surface
Challenges in Achieving High Gear Ratios with Compactness in Planetary Gearboxes
Designing planetary gearboxes with high gear ratios while maintaining compactness presents several challenges:
- Space Constraints: As the gear ratio increases, the number of gear stages required also increases. This can lead to larger gearbox sizes, which may be challenging to accommodate in applications with limited space.
- Bearing Loads: Higher gear ratios often result in increased loads on the bearings and other components due to the redistribution of forces. This can impact the durability and lifespan of the gearbox.
- Efficiency: Each gear stage introduces losses due to friction and other factors. With multiple stages, the overall efficiency of the gearbox can decrease, affecting its energy efficiency.
- Complexity: Achieving high gear ratios can require complex gear arrangements and additional components, which can lead to increased manufacturing complexity and costs.
- Thermal Effects: Higher gear ratios can lead to greater heat generation due to increased friction and loads. Managing thermal effects becomes crucial to prevent overheating and component failure.
To address these challenges, gearbox designers use advanced materials, precise machining techniques, and innovative bearing arrangements to optimize the design for both compactness and performance. Computer simulations and modeling play a critical role in predicting the behavior of the gearbox under different operating conditions, helping to ensure reliability and efficiency.
Signs of Wear or Damage in Planetary Gearboxes and Recommended Service
Planetary gearboxes, like any mechanical component, can exhibit signs of wear or damage over time. Recognizing these signs is crucial for timely maintenance to prevent further issues. Here are some common signs of wear or damage in planetary gearboxes:
1. Unusual Noise: Excessive noise, grinding, or whining sounds during operation can indicate worn or misaligned gear teeth. Unusual noise is often a clear indicator that something is wrong within the gearbox.
2. Increased Vibration: Excessive vibration or shaking during operation can result from misalignment, damaged bearings, or worn gears. Vibration can lead to further damage if not addressed promptly.
3. Gear Tooth Wear: Inspect gear teeth for signs of wear, pitting, or chipping. These issues can result from improper lubrication, overload, or other operational factors. Damaged gear teeth can affect the gearbox’s efficiency and performance.
4. Oil Leakage: Leakage of gearbox oil or lubricant can indicate a faulty seal or gasket. Oil leakage not only leads to reduced lubrication but can also cause environmental contamination and further damage to the gearbox components.
5. Temperature Increase: A significant rise in operating temperature can suggest increased friction due to wear or inadequate lubrication. Monitoring temperature changes can help identify potential issues early.
6. Reduced Efficiency: If you notice a decrease in performance, such as decreased torque output or inconsistent speed, it could indicate internal damage to the gearbox components.
7. Abnormal Gear Ratios: If the output speed or torque does not match the expected gear ratio, it could be due to gear wear, misalignment, or other issues affecting the gear engagement.
8. Frequent Maintenance Intervals: If you find that you need to service the gearbox more frequently than usual, it could be a sign that the gearbox is experiencing excessive wear or damage.
When to Service: If any of the above signs are observed, it’s important to address them promptly. Regular maintenance checks are also recommended to detect potential issues early and prevent more significant problems. Scheduled maintenance should include inspections, lubrication checks, and replacement of worn or damaged components.
It’s advisable to consult the gearbox manufacturer’s guidelines for recommended service intervals and practices. Regular maintenance can extend the lifespan of the planetary gearbox and ensure it continues to operate efficiently and reliably.
Advantages of Planetary Gearboxes Compared to Other Gearbox Configurations
Planetary gearboxes, also known as epicyclic gearboxes, offer several advantages compared to other gearbox configurations. These advantages make them well-suited for a wide range of applications. Here’s a closer look at why planetary gearboxes are favored:
- Compact Size: Planetary gearboxes are known for their compact and space-efficient design. The arrangement of multiple gears within a single housing allows for high gear reduction ratios without significantly increasing the size of the gearbox.
- High Torque Density: Due to their compact design, planetary gearboxes offer high torque density, meaning they can transmit a significant amount of torque relative to their size. This makes them ideal for applications where space is limited, but high torque is required.
- Efficiency: Planetary gearboxes can achieve high efficiency levels, especially when properly lubricated and well-designed. The arrangement of multiple meshing gears allows for load distribution, reducing individual gear tooth stresses and minimizing losses due to friction.
- Multiple Gear Stages: Planetary gearboxes can be designed with multiple stages, allowing for higher gear reduction ratios. This is particularly advantageous when precise control of output speed and torque is required.
- High Gear Ratios: Planetary gearboxes can achieve high gear reduction ratios in a single stage, eliminating the need for multiple external gears. This simplifies the overall design and reduces the number of components.
- Load Sharing: The multiple gear meshing arrangements in planetary gearboxes distribute loads evenly across multiple gears, reducing the stress on individual components and enhancing overall durability.
- High Precision: Planetary gearboxes offer high precision and accuracy in gear meshing, making them suitable for applications that demand precise motion control.
- Quiet Operation: The design of planetary gearboxes often leads to smoother and quieter operation compared to some other gearbox configurations, contributing to improved user experience.
Overall, the advantages of planetary gearboxes in terms of size, torque density, efficiency, versatility, and precision make them an attractive choice for a wide range of applications across industries, including robotics, automotive, aerospace, and industrial machinery.
editor by CX 2023-11-01